If you love spaghetti and shellfish this is a recipe you must try, thanks to the combination of prime ingredients, good cooking technique and a touch of love you can create something amazing for the loved ones.
Ingredients for 2 people:
8 fresh Argentinian wild caught shrimps (frozen are also fine)
1 onion (shallots are better)
2 cloves of garlic
100 ml of white wine
500 ml of chicken stock (vegetable stock if you are pescatarian)
200 grams spaghetti
Cayenne pepper (small pinch)
10 ml of cream (optional)
1. Separate the shrimps from the shell and roast the shell(heads, tail) in the oven at 180°celsius for around 12 minutes, meanwhile keep in the fridge the cleaned shrimps.
2. Chop the vegetables and place them in a hot pan to sweat for around 10 minutes, afterwards add the shells to the pan and deglaze with the white wine, let the wine evaporate.
3. Once the wine evaporates, add the stock (do not season with salt & pepper at all, the stock will do that for you) and cook for around one hour at medium gas.
4. The next step is to pass through a sieve the bisque and then place back on medium gas, add the cream and reduce until you have around 80 ml of concentrated bisque left (with a cream like consistency).
5. Add the pinch of Cayenne pepper and the bisque is done.
6. Bring some water to the boil and cook the pasta until ”al dente”.
7. Meanwhile the pasta is boiling you will have to clean the shrimps (there are plenty of videos of YouTube of how to clean the shrimps inside)and then in a clean pan add a nub of butter and cook the shrimps gently around 2 minutes each side (careful not to overcook the shrimps).
8. Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add the bisque, turn the spaghetti with intensity until creamy (you can also drain the pasta 2 minutes earlier and cook it with the bisque for the 2 minutes remained for a better result).
9. To finish just add the shrimps on top and ENJOY.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe.